Public Management is the recognition that government and non-profit administration resembles private-sector management in some important ways. As such, there are management tools appropriate in both public and private domains, tools that maximize efficiency and effectiveness. This is different than the study of Public Administration, which emphasizes the social and cultural drivers of government that many contend differentiate it from the private sector.
|Duration: 6 months|
|Certificate of Completion|
WHAT DOES THE PUBLIC MANAGEMENT COURSE ENTAIL?
In this course you will know more about public management organisations, know what effective public management is, understand the role of the public manager, understand public policy creation & evaluation, understand more about public finance and resource allocation.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THIS COURSE?
The purpose of this course is to equip learners with essential skills and knowledge that will enable them to work as administrators and managers in public departments and agencies within the government.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Know more about public management organisations.
- Know what effective public management is.
- Understand the role of the public manager.
- Understand public policy creation & evaluation.
- Understand more about public finance and resource allocation.
- Public Relation Officers
- Business Administrators
- Community workers
- Anyone working within the public sector