In this course, you will learn what a computer is, as well as receive a gentle introduction to the basic concepts of hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
|Duration: 6 months|
|Certificate of Completion|
WHAT DOES THE COMPUTER BASICS COURSE ENTAIL?
In this course we cover understanding the basics of computers, understand, identify and define hardware, software and peripheral devices, understand CPU and how CPU speed is measured, understand and identify the difference between RAM and ROM, identify other input devices; operating systems; application software; software versions and updates.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY THIS COURSE?
Understanding computer basics is essential to every computer user. Without at least a basic understanding, you would not have much use for a computer. This course will allow you to build a solid foundation for future computer use. Learning how computers are put together and how they work is the key to acquiring that foundation.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand the basics of computers.
- Understand, identify and define hardware, software and peripheral devices.
- Understand CPU and how CPU speed is measured.
- Understand and identify the difference between RAM and ROM.
- Identify other input devices; operating systems; application software; software versions and updates.
- Anyone who needs to improve their computer skills
- Administration Assistants